Dutch Water Line
Werken aan de Karnemelksloot
These batteries were made in 1787 as earth Works.
Between 1873 and 1875, in each work, a small bomb free troop barrack and a separate gun garage, with an underground ammunition storage were built.
However, during the 1st World War, the gun garages and ammunition storage cellars were removed.
|The batteries were built to cover the access via the small canal "Karnemelksloot" and to cover the inundation sluice gate in this canal.|
|The entrance, at the backside of one of the Works.|
|The facade of the ground covered troop baracks.|
|The inundation sluice gate, to be protected by the Works.|
|Terug naar Index kaart||