|Location: 52° 5'17.51"N
This Work was built in the second building period of the fortresses, at the
east of Utrecht between 1877 and 1879.
It's purpose was to cover the dike "Hoofddijk", running from the east through the Dutch Water Line.
And of course supporting the other fortresses with flanking fire.
During the Great War, between 1914 and 1918, some concrete shelters
were built on the Work.
It was decommissioned as defense work in 1960 and is now owned by the
|This is the "bomb free" Troop Barracks Building, as it looked in 1968.|
|The year stone of the Work, that gives the date, that it was finished.|
The Troop Barracks Building, as it looks now.
On this part a rock garden is made.
|The gun garage in the Troop Barracks Building.|
|The only visible part of the concrete shelters made between 1914 and 1918.|
|This is the gun garage on top of the Work.|
|Back to Index Map||