Dutch Water Line

FORTRESS RUIGENHOEKSEDIJK

Location: 52 7'44.47"N    5 7'46.58"E

Address:

Kanonsdijk / Ruigenhoeksedijk
Groenekan

This fortress is made between 1867 and 1870.

Probably the separate gun remise is made around 1890. 

In 1939 concrete shelters type Piramide were added.

The purpose of the fortress was to defend the accesses from the east, existing of the dike, the railway and main road next to the last, as well as a flooding gate nearby.

The fortress could accommodate 240 man and 24 pieces ordnance (guns, howitzers and mortars).

This is the right part of the troop barracks.

This photo is copied from the site http://www.hollandsewaterlinie.nl/index.asp and taken by Titia Blom.

Inside the barracks building is this steel staircase, which leads to the ground covered roof of the barracks building.

Probably was on this roof a lookout post.

This photo is copied from the site http://www.hollandsewaterlinie.nl/index.asp and taken by Titia Blom.

This is the separate gun garage.

This photo is copied from the site http://www.hollandsewaterlinie.nl/index.asp and taken by Titia Blom.

This is the entrance of one of the concrete shelters.

This photo is copied from the site http://www.hollandsewaterlinie.nl/index.asp and taken by Titia Blom.

Terug naar Index kaart

Last revised on 31-12-2013